Saturday 6 June 2015

Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions 3-in-1 Volumising Mascara Review



Max Factor has been around for ever and I used to buy their products when I was just beginning my make-up journey in my secondary school, but then I somehow lost interest and hardly ever bought anything from them. The problem is that they, together with L'Oreal are fairly expensive as for a drugstore brand and the jump between their mascaras and the Clinique or Urban Decay ones is not substantial, so I either go for cheap drugstore options or for those I can get from Sephora.

BUT. One day I saw a Youtubber use Max Factor Masterpiece Glamour Extentions mascara and I was mesmerised by the wand that would be perfect for my bottom lashes. I got one for myself instantly and I must admit I've fallen head over heels in love with this mascara and I'm going to keep repurchasing until they discontinue it.


This mascara comes in the weirdest packaging ever, but somehow it manages to allow the mascara perform as it should. The mascara comes in a bulky round tube, which holds a super skinny flat, plastic wand with short, relatively sparse bristles.
I don't know what rocket science they applied to make the combo work, but the wand picks the right amount of product, distributes it along the lashes evenly, without clumping. The mascara does exactly what it promises, it lengthens, curls and volumises. It's skinny wand makes it possible to coat the lashes top to bottom and reach all nooks and crannies. 
The formula is amazing, even though it's on the wet side, it is fully buildable without clumping. I absolutely adore this on my bottom lashes. Most mascaras, even the waterproof ones smudge in my undereye area, in places where my lashes touch the skin underneath. This one doesn't and it's not marketed as waterproof. No waterproof versions are available in Poland, but I'd venture to say that this is a waterproof formula which didn't undergo the appropriate number of tests to prove its efficiency, so it was released without making any claims as to being waterproof, but I can vouchsafe that this mascara performs better than Maybelline waterproof mascaras and it's easier to remove.   


All in all, this is a great mascara overall, but I use it every day as my trusty bottom lash mascara. This is just asd good as Clinique Bottom Lash mascara, but it's jumbo size (compared) and it costs much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment