Thursday 11 June 2015

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Color Shock mascaras review





This is the third post about colour mascaras for the upcoming season. Today I'd like to review the offering of Maybelline who came out with their Color Shock addition to their regular Colossal Volum' line every summer. I picked all three of them, for pictures of the Electric Navy one check out my comparison of blue mascaras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All three of them come in the same kind of packaging as the iconic Colossal Volum' mascaras with their large, natural bristles wand that 20 years or more after the line's launch is no longer revolutionary, but does its job decently well.
The mascaras aren't waterproof and are extremely easy to remove, but somehow they don't tend to smudge much. They don't clump my lashes and offer moderate volume. 

Electric Blue is a bright blue mascara which translates the colour nicely onto my lashes,  especially when I apply at least 3 coats.

The same can be said about Electric Teal, which is a lovely peacocky shade that offers this gorgeous kind of aura around the eyes. 



Electric Purple is the only one I didn't like. And I must say here that I've had and considered getting a couple of purple mascaras and they all had one thing in common: they were kind of white-based pastel shades.  They're sometimes called 'jewel-toned', but I have no idea what that means. This might look better on someone with very black lashes, on my blonde ones this creates a certain aura, but it doesn't offer any definition, which my eyes would benefit from. I tried layering this over a black mascara, but the colour isn't visible then.




No comments:

Post a Comment