Sunday 14 June 2015

Vichy Purete Thermale Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil review


I'm a great fan of oil cleansers. I find them an indespensable element of my night time skin care routine. I waer a lot of make-up every day, so a good cleanser is a must. 

This new Vichy Purete Thermale Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil is a combination of a micellar solution and an oil cleanser. and indeed, it seems more runny and less oily than some oils I've used, yet it is incredibly effective. I use 2-3 pumps of mildly scented oil all over my face, with particular focus on my eyes, mix with water to create a thin milky lotion, and then rinse and my make-up is gone! I usually double cleanse, though in this case this isn't necessary as this doesn't leave any greasy residue on my skin, nor does it cloud my eyes.

According to the manufscturer, the product is enriched with micelles, vitamin E and camelia oil, but there's no mention of the fact that this is based on mineral oil, which is not only a controversial ingredient, but also a cheap one. I've never had any issues with it and it actually does a lot of good to my skin, but I find it hard to justify the price tag when a product uses one of the cheapest  ingredients in the market.

Vichy Purete Thermale Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil costs about PLN67 in pharmacies (PLN47 in Apteka Gemini, where I buy all my dermocosmetics) while my previous oil cleanser, also mineral oil based, Korean I Want Black Knight Deep Cleansing Oil cost PLN45 and my next one, plant oil based The Body Shop, Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil was worth approximately PLN50. As far as the price to the quality of ingredients ratio is concerned, The Body Shop's one represents the best investment, though I can't say anything about the performance yet, as I haven't given it a go.

All in all, this is a very nice product, my reservations are connected with the overblown price tag. 



No comments:

Post a Comment