Thursday 9 July 2015

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Defining Eyeshadow Wet/Dry in #16 Vain Violet review & swatches


Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Defining Eyeshadow Wet/Dry is the newest offering from the brand. These are wet/dry eyeshadows that come in a number of finishes which include mattes, satins and shimmers. 
They come in a very pretty black compact, yet with a peculiar base (see picture below). This base shape is accident prone, it makes the product dance on your dressing table in wild circles. I can understand fancy lids, but bottoms? What's the point?
  

Inside the eyeshadow looks like a typical  mono eyeshadow, equipped with a mirror and an applicator. 


The shade I picked is #16 Vain Violet from the Brilliant finish range. This is a gorgeous taupey purple with silver shimmer. When I swatched it in the shop I thought it was much sheerer, but on the lid it turned out to be a highly pigmented , true-to-pan colour.
The texture of the eyeshadow isn't creamy or buttery, but I would describe it as silky.


I absolutely adore how it works. It goes on super smooth, blends like a dream and wears for ar least 10 hours without creasing (over a primer). This is one of those eyeshadows that look great in the outer corner, but also lovely on their own.   


I'm positively surprised with this eyeshadow and I'm going to try out one more, from the matte or satin line. Just waiting for the 20% off offer Sephora has been treating us with on a regular basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment