Wednesday 22 July 2015

Korean goodies: Mayn Bio Mineraltox Mist review


I love Korean cosmetics for their quality, but also for the surprise and fun factor involved. Thanks to Memeboxes I fell in love with face mists and use them daily. 
Mayn Bio Mineraltox Mist combines a useful product with the element of the unexpected.

This incredibly heavy bottle consists of mineral water infused with lemon balm, apple mint and royal jelly and something that looks like volcanic rock beads and dissolves, drenching this water with minerals.
The mist's claims are that it not only refreshes, and invigorates, but also purifies, brightens, counteracts external aggerssors (eg. dust or alcohol consumption), clears pores, plumps skin cells and prepares the skin to absorb skincare and make-up products. Sounds more like a cleanser than a face mist to me.

I must admit that I used this mist mostly to set my make-up or refresh myself during the day and hardly ever tried this on bare skin. I liked how the fine mist made my skin feel when I overpowdered it in the morning or when I felt tired during the day. The packaging was nice and handy and the rattling beads looked cool and fun. But I can't say this did anything spectacular to my skin. In spite of all the science behind the hotch-potch this didn't feel any different than plain mineral water from Vichy or La Roche-Posay.  
This was ok, but if you want to know if I feel I need to repurchase, the answer is no. 
For the time being the only face mist that figures on my 'to be repurchased list' is Caudalie Beauty Elixir.



No comments:

Post a Comment