Friday 3 July 2015

Korean goodies: Skinfood Peach Sake Sun Lotion SPF32PA++ review


I got this Skinfood Peach Sake Sun Lotion SPF32 PA++ from Moi Sanom last year in a blog swap. I had other sunscreens going on then so I saved this for the following summer. 
When the first sun rays came out I pulled this out with excitement because I'm a great fan of the whole Peach Sake line. All of the products I've used so far suited my oily skin perfectly and I hoped the sunscreen would do exactly the same.
Unfortunately I was wrong. 
Although the consistency of the product is runny and seems lightweight and is so promising for oily skin types, it somehow sits on the skin and doesn't fully absorb, leaving a kind of tacky finish which drier skin type owners call 'glowy'. For me this means oily mess, especially on hot summer days when sebum and sweat flow down my face, melting whatever make-up I might wear. It genetally doesn't differ much from many western sunscreens. It's on the heavier side, it leaves white cast and has the characteristic scent, which the manufacturer has tried to conceal with heavy perfume. Quite unsuccessfully. 
I will use this up on my body or on my kids, but it won't dethrone my all-time favourite sunscreens for the face by Biore.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I've had really bad experience with everything from Skinfood that has an SPF, oily as hell. But this _also_ smells like sunscreen? Aaaw, that is poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised cause my experience with Korean sunscreen has been nothing but good. Well, apparently not.

      Delete