Monday 27 July 2015

L'Oreal Brow Artist Super Liner and Plumper review & swatches


Today I'd like to review two brow products from L'Oreal, one - excellent and already used up, the other one- good, but not for me.
The first one for some reason doesn't get as much attention of beauty bloggers, while the second one is regularly mentioned in monthly favourites. 


L'Oreal Brow Artist Super Liner is probably my favourite eyeliner pencil of all times. This is a double ended liner that consists of a liner, a brow wax and a brush located on a transparent cap. I prefer spoolies, but the brush isn't bad at all.


I picked shade #02 Blonde which is a lovely taupe shade that looks natural on my brows. The pencil is waxy and easy to use. It goes on smoothly and evenly, fills in all sparse areas without 'tattooed brow' effect. To set unruly brows you may use the clear wax on the other end. I personally tend to skip this tep as the pencil is waxy enough for my needs, but sometimes I add this extra step to feel super pampered.

This pencil is a great, affordable all-in-one solution which offers great brows in a minute. It's compact and travel-friendly, available in a drugstore next door. This is the product I reach for most often in the morning hurry and have used this almost all up. 

The other product is much more popular in the blogosphere, but I don't like it as much as the pencil.


Brow Artist Plumper is a brow mascara that is regularly compared to Benefit Gimme Brow, which is an iconic product and a point of reference, just like Anastasia Brow Wizz is for automatic brow pencils.
I personally don't think this is a dupe for Gimme Brow. Although both products are brow mascaras with small spoolies, L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper has sparse rows of spiralling bristles while Benefit Gimme Brow is very dense. Also the consistency differs. Both claim to be fibre mascaras and you do see fibres on both spoolies, but Gimme Brow is kind of pasty and packed with fibres and Brow Artist Plumper is wet with some long threads in it. 
The difference in what they do is that Gimme Brow fills in the brows and all sparse areas while Brow Plumper clings to each individual brow hair, but the areas between remain as bald as they were before. 

To me it seems that L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper is a tinted brow gel that helps style bushy and unruly brows that don't require that much filling but need something to hold them in place throughout the day. Mine are just the opposite. They're thin and sparse and blond and require filling in more than keeping in place.   


The shade I've got is Medium Dark, which is a bit too dark for me, but not intimidatingly dark. I like the fact that it's got a cool tone to it. 
Overall, I can see why many reviewers like this product, but in my stash it won't be missed once I've used this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment