Sunday 12 July 2015

Nars Velvet Lip Liner in Karekare review


I'm undergoing a lip liner phase. I wear lip liners under everything, under glosses, lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, chubby sticks and their likes.
My collection of lip liners is growing and I have recently acquired a Nars Velvet Lip Liner in Karekare and had to part with it right after due to my own idiocy.
You may be wondering if I hated this pencil so much that I ditched it in a fit of fury or perhaps dropped it down the bin by mistake? Nothing further from the truth. The thing is that I somehow forgot it is an automatic liner and sharpened it, damaging the product so much that it was no longer possible to use. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing wrong, by then it was too late.


This is a twist-up pencil with a built-in sharpener on the other end. It's soft and creamy, it literally melts on my lips and goes on like a dream, but once it sets, it sets. And I happen to love budge and smudge proof liners! 
The shade is incredibly pretty and so very 'in'. It's a kind of rosy brown shade which sometimes leans slightly mauvey.
This is a superb quality eyeliner and I wonder why it doesn't get as much love in the blogosphere as MAC or Charlotte Tilbury lip liners as the quality is comparable or even higher.


No comments:

Post a Comment