Wednesday 29 July 2015

Paula's Choice Resist Youth-Extending Daily Mattifying Fluid review


Ever since sunnier days began I've been using sunscreen. I've got tons of these, most of them Korean, but I usually have only one going on. I gave priority, however, to the one by Paula's Choice as not only does it contain broad spectrum SPF50, but also has proper skincare properties.

When it arrived, I was at first disappointed to see that the info on the product focuses on its sun protecting properties. There's no mention of skincare functions of the product, but reading the list of ingredients is a reasurring experience. This product contains, apart from active sunscreen ingredients, an incredible number of of herbal and vegetal extracts. 


This moisturiser wasn't love at first sight, but as time went by I started to appreciate what it does to my skin. The product is extremely runny, thus applies and absorbs well. I usually massage my face with a handful of this lotion, as sunscreen is supposed to be applied generously. The moisturiser feels very lightweight and offers natural demi-matte finish, though I wouldn't call it a mattifier.
This product is unfragranced, so unfortunately it smells a bit of sunscreen. 

As for its claims, I think they're unnecessary as they increase our expectations and give reasons for dissatisfaction with a very nice product. 
I personally have noticed that my skin has become smoother and softer as I continue using this daily and I believe sunscreen does help prevent visible signs of aging from appearing.   
However, I haven't noticed any pore minimizing results or visibly firmer skin, so if these were what sold me to this product, I would be dissatisfied.

All in all, this is a good moisturiser with a high level of sun protection for combination and oily skin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment