Thursday 16 July 2015

Revlon Brow Fantasy by Colorstay in Dark Blonde review & swatches


  It's hard to believe that a couple of years ago I didn't have a single brow product. And when I started searching for something to enhance my brow shape I couldn't find anything decent in the drug store, but these days each drugstore brand has a decent brow product on offer and I must say almost all of them are really good. 


Having used up my beloved L'Oreal brow pencil I went to the drugdtore to see what they've got on offer and spotted something new from Revlon.  Brow Fantasy By Colorstay is a double-ended product. On one end there's a traditional wooden pencil, while on the other we find a tinted brow gel. The pencil is waxy, but doesn't melt upon contact with the warmth of my skin. It makes filling my sparse areas so quick and easy. While thin liners like Anastasia Brow Wiz make my brows super neat and kind of sharp, this Revlon pencil makes them naturally full and nicely shaped, the look which I currently prefer. The gel, although tinted, doesn't pack on more colour, but performs two functions. Thanks to its well-designed spoolie it combs through the brows perfectly, shaping them in a desired way and the gel keeps them in place all day long.


My shade is Dark Blonde, which is absolutely perfect for me. It's pigmented enough to fill in sparse areas in my brows and shape them nicely without making them look clownish or overdrawn.


The only downside is that I can see myself repurchasing the product soon as the pencil is only few centimetres long and will be gone after about 10 sharpenings or less. I'll use it up way before the gel. The whole product looks large, but it's highly misleading. Although this is a drugstore product, if we take amount to price ratio into consideration, it may turn out that this is actually more expensive than brow pencils by MAC or Anastasia Beverly Hills, but of course the brow gel is an added bonus here.

No comments:

Post a Comment