Friday 7 August 2015

Korean goodies: A True Miniature Set review


Korean cosmetisc are known for their cute packaging, which does not always coincide with my own aesthetic sense. However, a bunch of deluxe samples plus black tea packed  in a tiny canvas sack and a gorgeous tea tin was right up my alley. I waited almost a year for an opportunity to travel and take advantage of these mini products, so here comes the review.

The tin contains 5 mini products that cater for almost all travelling woman's needs. There's a shower gel, a make-up remover, an essence, a gel cream and a sunscreen. 
All of these products are curated around 'tea' motif, hence the tin and tha canvas bag.


Vanilla Black Tea Day Relief Body Wash is infused with Ceylan black tea, which is often used as a stress reliever. This product smells gorgeous, like a high-end perfume with prominent vanilla notes. I don't remember it as particularly pampering, so the scent is definitely the selling point here.

Sweet Song Black Tea One -Step Cleansing Water is not my favourite kind of product. Although I use micellar water on a daily basis, but I don't trust it enough to remove all my make-up. I use it to clean up any fall-out created during make-up application, for which purpose this is perfect. Nonetheless, to be able to write a reliable review, I put this cleansing water to a full test. To my utter surprise, this actually works. I pressed a cotton pad, soaked with this cleansing water, against my lid for about 10-15 seconds and it made my waterproof and quite stubborn mascara go away. Better than most micellar solutions I've tried, better than Bioderma.

White Snow Tea Brilliant Essence is impossible to get out of its bottle, even though it's neither too thick nor the opening is too narrow. No matter how hard I shake and tap, it takes a while to squeeze a drop out. 
This product contains white tea blend, it's also rich in polyphenol which preventsd formation of blemishes or freckles.
I must say I noticed nothing unusual about this essence, apart from being a real pain in the arse to use. Oh, it's definitely worth mentioning that this contains shimmer, which explains the use of the word 'brilliant' in the name of the product. It does go on nicely and moisturise, but so do thousands of other Korean essences and toners. 

Himalaya Black Tea Watery Gel Cream is actually very nice. 
It's recommended for  dry skin types, but my oily skin seems to enjoy it at lot. It does moisturise indeed, but without being heavy or greasy. I love gel cream formulas as they're so lightweight and refreshing. This cream absorbs well and doesn't just sit on the skin's surface, but seems to penetrate the skin and quench its thirst.

Black Tea All Day Long Sun Cream SPF50+ PA+++ contains a blend of black tea, orange peels and cinnamon, which is acknowledged for its soothing and moisturising properties.
This sun cream is one of the thickest and heaviest sunscreens I've ever used. It reminds me of the first products of that kind I used 10 or more years back, purchased from Polish drugstores. They put me off with their greasy formulas, white cast and awful scent. So does this A True product. It will be hard for me to use this sample up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment