Sunday 13 September 2015

Kerastase Densifique Bain Densite, Masque Densite and Densimorphose review




Kerastase Densifique is a relatively new line from the high-end offspring of L'Oreal. The info behind it is a bit confusing. Many websites gave me an impression that this was some kind of product that counteracts hair loss or stimulates hair geowth, but on the packaging itself there's no mention of that. The products are a thickening shampoo and conditioner. 

Bain Densite makes my hair feel voluminous when being washed, but also very tangly. This is one of those hair products that add volume by stripping your hair of all moisture and oiliness, which is a very successful method, but leaves hair rough and crisp, impossible to comb through. 
It smells gorgeous, like some sort of high-end perfume, which adds to the pleasure of using the product. Unfortunately the packaging is highly inconvenient. I hate the process of unscrewing the lid, even though it looks great and luxurious in the bathroom.


The shampoo leaves my hair so tangly and rough that it begs for a conditioner. Masque Densite is very difficult to use in the shower as it comes in a tub with a lid, which obviously gets full of water if your're not careful. The other thing is that you do need to leave it on for at least a minute or so to have any smoothing effect on your hair. It does help the situation a bit and my hair becomes more manageable.


All in all I have mixed feelings about this product. It does actually add volume to my hair and makes it smell nice, but I expect much more from such an expensice product.


Densifique Densimorphose foam is actually really nice. It adds volume and texture without making my hair crisp and dry. It works, but again, there's nothing that unusual about the product that would justify the price tag. I like it, but won't repurchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment