Wednesday 9 September 2015

L'Oreal False Lash Superstar mascara review


Today I'm going to review a mascara which turned out to be a total fail in my opinion. 
L'Oreal False Lash Superstar is a double-ended mascara which consists of a white primer on one end and mascara on the other. Why did I get the mascara? I don't know. I don't like all those double-ended mascaras or brow products as the packaging makes the application harder and discourages me from using the product. Although the product was doomed to fail from the very begginning I was lured by the promise of false lashes. And the packaging didn't turn out to be a major disadvantage of the product at all.


The white primer is actually very nice. It coats my lashes evenly and obvoiusly adds volume, but nothing out of the ordinary or nothing that a good couple of coats of a good mascara wouldnt't do. And then, it's white, so I need to be careful to coat my lashes with mascara precisely not to sport white patches on my lashes. 


The mascara part, however, is probably one of the worst mascara formula and wand combinations ever.
The curved applicator made of natural bristles isn't easy to use at all. I have no idea which side of the curve to use. Theoretically it should go parallel to my lids, but it clings to my primer, skips instead of gliding, tangles in my lashes. If I rotate the applicator and  use the highest point of the curve I kind of point-apply, which is tedious and time -consuming, but more precise.
The the gooey and sticky formula is horrible and the application is awful, but this isn't the worst thing about this mascara. The thing that makes me hate this is that it transfers like hell. The mascara ends up everywhere around: under my eyes, on my brow bone (this makes me believe that I actually have fairly long lashes). 

The only reason why I'm keeping this mascara is to use the primer part, but the mascara end offers nothing but disappointment and just cannot be trusted. Who wants panda eyes?   


No comments:

Post a Comment