Wednesday 23 September 2015

Marc Jacobs Re(marca)ble Foundation in #26 Medium Bisque review & swatches

Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation #26 Medium Bisque

I'm a foundation junkie. Of course I can find excuses like the never-ending quest to find the perfect one, but the truth is that I like foundation. So whenever some new foundation concept appears I need to see what it is like and whether it works for me. 

Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation #26 Medium Bisque

The new Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able foundation looks like a serum foundation, which almost every brand is coming out with. Nothing could be further from the truth. Although it comes is a glass jar with an applicator that looks like a dropper, but actually is a glass ball-tipped wand, this foundation is packed with pigments and offers coverage that is hard to beat. The manufacturer recommends making no more than 4 dots: on your cheeks, forhead and chin and blending that out and adding more product if the need arises.

Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation #26 Medium Bisque

This is definitely not a foolproof foundation that you slap on and go. I wouldn't recommend this for beginners or people who don't like playing with make-up. There's definitely a learning curve involved and you won't do without a foundation brush.
The manufacturer recommends applying this foundation over their new coconut water-infused primer. I don't have that primer, but I can see the point. The consistency of this foundation is thick and pasty. The foundation dries within seconds and therefore is very hard to blend. I would suggest doing one cheek at a time. Another thing, don't overapply. If you do you'll end up with a horrible mask-like face, also be careful with powders, try to avoid them in general as the same thing will happen.
If I had dry or combo skin, I'd stay away from Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able foundation as it will accentuate every single dry skin, spot or patch.

Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation #26 Medium Bisque

But
once you've mastered the application technique, once you're prepped and primed your skin, you will get the most amazing, flawless finish ever. 3-4 tiny drops of this foundation will offer full coverage, matte finish and a hold that lasts all day. 
The foundation does migrate towards my pores somewhat, remain matte just as long as other foundations do and transfer onto my mobile like nobody's business, but when I just casually glance at myself in the mirror, even 12 hours after the application I'm amazed at how good my skin looks.

Another thing is that it adapts to the skin tone really well. I went for a rather dark shade for my skin tone, which is #26 Bisque Medium, choosing a foundation in the peak of summer season is never a good idea, but it blends in surprisingly well and doesn't look dark at all.

Some people may complain about the non-hygenic applicator, but I can't be bothered. I actually quite like it, even though it makes the bottle mouth messy. 

If I were to compare this thing it would be Cover FX Custom Cover Drops, but the difference is that the Cover FX product is not meant to be used alone and obviously the amount is also different.

I reach for this foundation regularly on long days at work and it serves my purpose well. It's not perfect, but it's really, really, really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment