Saturday 10 October 2015

Burberry Cashmere foundation in # 12 Ochre Nude review and swatches

Burberry Cashmere foundation

Sephora Poland have recently launched Bueberry make-up, which is a great step for me as, even though I was able to get Burberry through strawberrynet and feelunique, Sephora have been outdoing themselves at offering 20% off discounts, free shipping, return to the shop options, and with the current exchange rate foreign goods have become more affordable here. 

I picked their new foundation, Burberry Cashmere, because according to the claims this seemed to be an excellent choice for me, and also I was super curious about it as I couldn't find any reviews anywhere.

My relationship with this foundation got off to a bad start. First of all I had issues with the pump. Although I pressed it 500 times or more, it wouldn't work and then suddenly started squirting out product. 
Secondly, the foundation didn't apply as effortlessly as I expected it to. I started with a buffing brush or fingers and the foundation didn't go on smoothly. The problem is that this foundation lacks the silicony slip of other foundations and sets rather quickly, which makes it difficult to move.
But then I tried using a make-up sponge and everything changed. The foundation applied beautifully, didn't accentuate my pores or look cakey or heavy. Burberry Cashmere feels rubbery on the skin and definitely needs to be set with powder if you wand to apply blush or do powder contouring. When dusted with my new favourite powder by Inglot, this lasted all day long and looked naturally luminous. The finish is satiny matte throughout the day, which never ever happens on my oily skin. No matter how matte my face looks at first, my olies normally break through within 2-3 hours and turn my forhead and chin to some kind of oily mess but not this one!
This is a medium-coverage foundation which is not buildable, IMHO.

Burberry Cashmere foundation in #12 Ochre Nude

The shade I picked is #12 Ochre Nude, which is a fair, yellow-toned beige colour. My skin tone is pink, but this mismatched shade helps me tone down any redness and discolouration

All in all, this is a great foundation for anyone struggling oily skin and looking for natural, yet matte finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment