Wednesday 11 November 2015

Sephora Brow Thickener review


I'm a big fan of Sephora brand and I have a lot of trust in them, but I found their Brow Thickener highly disappointing.
The concept behind this product is interesting and innovative. This is brow powder that comes in a tube that resembles a mascara, but the applicator is a fluffy wand, which is supposed to act like a pen and help you fill in any sparse areas in your brows. 
The powder is on the creamy side and swatches beautifully, it's pigmented and goes on smoothly without any powderiness, but unfortunately this does not perform well on my brows.

The applicator is rather imprecise and the powder goes on blotchy, brushing through my brows makes things even worse as the spoolie sheers out sparse areas and the areas where the applicator hit my skin remained dark. 
Another thing is that I picked the wrong colour. Medium Brown is a nice cool-toned shade of brown, but it's way too dark for my fair and almost non-existent brows.
The product has a rattling ball, which I imagined hepled stir the product, but strangely enough it's located in the cap, so I understand it's just a gimmick.

I think this product might actually work for someone with wide, bushy brows, where precision is not necessary. On mine, barely there ones this look clownish. 


EDIT: While writing this review I thought I'd give this product one more chance. I tapped off most of the product and run the wand through my brows and this actually gave me very natural-looking brows with the right shape and colour. I was about to get rid of this product, but I might keep it for a while and see if we can get on well.

No comments:

Post a Comment