Sunday 1 November 2015

Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in #05 Plum Lush review & swatches


I've been dreaming of Tom Ford make-up since I can't remember when, so when I incidentally spotted some of their products in Douglas online shop, I picked a couple of items. Being on a matte lip kick, but having exhausted all shades I always opt for I was desperate to get something different, so I picked Lip Color Matte in #05 Plum Lush.


One thing is certain, the packaging is to die for, but is it really worth the price tag? I don't think so. 
Don't get me wrong, the formula and the pigmentation are amazing, the lipstick goes on smoothly and evenly, the colour is vibrant and long-lasting but I cannot understand why this costs 40% more than a Chanel Allure Velvet lipstick or more than twice as much as Urban Decay Matte Revolution, which is perfection incarnate. 

The only downside of this lipstick is that it can be quite drying on my well-conditioned and non-dry lips. After wearing this lipstick for 2-3 days in a row I noticed that my lips started peeling and the lipstick caused and then accentuated dry skin on my lips which were never there before.
   

The shade I picked is not quite my story. It looked much more interesting in other people's swatches. On me it looks more fuchsia-magenta than plum. It's a bright shade which I'll pull out of my drawer in late spring, when the rays of sun make me more playful, for the time being it's way outside my comfort zone. 


All in all, it's a lovely lipstick, but I don't think I'll be getting more of these. Nothing about this product justifies the price tag. There are much better options in Sephora or even in drugstores. 


No comments:

Post a Comment