Sunday 20 December 2015

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion #410 review & swatches


When I first heard about the new Estee Lauder liquid lipsticks called Liquid Lip Potions, I was super excited to try one out. There are quite a few claims behind this product. It's supposed to be a truly innovative hybrid which offers comfort and moisture, saturated colour, satin matte finish and staying power of up to 8 hours. 


So, let's see how it delivers and how different it is compared to other liquid lipsticks on the market.

So, first of all we need to mention the classy packaging, which is a classic tube in Estee Lauder's dark blue colour and the fairly unique, but not entirely novel on the make-up market curved applicator which makes it really easy to apply the product.
Secondly there's the nice, vanilla kind of scent, which isn't disturbing, but adds to the pleasure of using the product. 
So far so good, but from now on you're going to hear my rant about this product. 

Part of my dissatisfaction lies in the unlucky colour selection, but I did swatch this one in the shop and it looked like the perfect mauvey brown shade for autumn, but in spite of the product being relatively dark and swatching as if it was highly pigmented, it turned out to be my exact lip shade when applied. Not my lips but better kind of shade, it's just my lips and nothing more. This is actually the reason why I'm totally unable to tell how long it wears as it's blends with my lips so well that I don't notice it at all. 

Another thing is that this lipstick isn't all that comfortable to wear. It's rather thin and very lightweight, but I don't think it's very moisturising either, and mind you, my lips aren't dry or chapped. I can also say that even though I can't see this on my lips, I can feel it for the first 2-3 hours and my lips are comfortable with that, but some time later they start feeling extremelyparched and dry, which doesn't happen often even if I'm wearing a heavy duty matte lipstick. 

And then, there's this grainy-starchy texture and the bitter taste that I can sense when I touch my lips with the tip of my tongue. My advice is don't kiss anyone when wearing these lipsticks, unless you want to offer your partner a bitter kind of experience. 

This product never sets and moves around the lips and stains the glasses just like a traditional lip gloss would, however,the finish is on the satin side indeed. This is nowhere near your long-wearing, matte liquid lipstick.  I feel this product resembles Rimmel Apocalips Matte a lot, but it costs almost 10 times more.   


You might have guessed already. I'm not a fan of Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid  Lip Potion. Go and grab Rimmel Apocalips if you're looking for something saturated with colour and lighweight, but not necessarily long-lasting. If you're looking for a good liquid liostick, try other brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment