Sunday 31 January 2016

Bourjois Colorband eyeshadow stick in Mauve Baroque review & swatches


I love cream eyeshadows in pencil form, so I thought I'd try what Bourjois had to offer. Their Colorband 2-in-1 eyeshadow crayons have received a number of enthusiastic reviews, so I picked the shade Mauve Baroque to try out. 


What I love about this crayon is the brownish purple shade with some kind of silvery sheen, its softness and budge-proof formula. 
However, in the swatches of other bloggers the colour looked way more pigmented and intense. A single swatch is sheer, almost transparent, needs building up a lot to achieve a wash of colour. 
I mostly use cream eyeshadows as bases for my powder eyeshadows, so I don't really mind, but if I intended to use this on its own, I would be bit disappointed.  
Under powder eyeshadow, this crayon performs exceptionally well. It enhances the colour and makes eyeshadows last.
 It's a good option if you don't want to invest in higher end products, but if I were to choose I'd go for similarly priced automatic pencils by Kiko, which are way better pigmented.


No comments:

Post a Comment