Monday 8 February 2016

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Concealer in R30 review & swatches


I'm always on the lookeout for a concealer which would work on my dry undereye, so when I heard of the new Ultra HD Concealer by Make Up For Ever I thought I'd give it a go.
Here's what it claims to do:


Rare as it is in the make-up industry, all the claims are true. This concealer hides imperfections and brightens the eye area , feels comfortable and doesnt turn dry or cakey during the day. The consistency is super smooth, applies like a dream and blends incredibly well. It offers medium coverage, which is just enough for my needs.
The shade I got after being mismatched by a Sephora consultant (R30) is not brightening nor highlighting, but it blends in with my foundations seamlessly, but if I were to repurchase, I'd go for a lighter and more yellow shade.

The product comes in a convenient squeezy tube. The size of the tube made me suspicious of the amount of product and indeed it contains 7ml of product only, which is less than a half of a standard eye cream tube, but then I compared the amount to some more bulky concealers (eg. Urban Decay Naked, 5 ml) and discovered that this actually presents a good value for money. 


Now, why am I not raving about my newly found holy grail concealer?
The thing is that this concealer never sets and remains wet and tacky all the time and it makes my mascara smudge badly and thus ruins my makeup.

This concealer is too good to be ditched, so I kept experimenting with it and figured out the perfect way to use this. I mix it with my Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer, which is too drying and too pale for me on its own, but blended with my MUFE Ultra HD concealer it achieves the desired consistency and comfort, while making the Ultra HD one set beautifully without the need to use powder on top. And my mascara doesn't melt any more.  



No comments:

Post a Comment